STS Steel, Inc. - Current Job Openings
- Interpret fabrication drawings for layout, fitting, assembly, and welding of structural assemblies.
- Measure and mark location and identification of holes, copes, hardware, and welds.
- Fit parts and assemblies to the appropriate location within specified tolerances.
- Surface Preparation by means of solvent cleaning, hand tool cleaning, power tool cleaning, and abrasive shot blasting.
- Masking and preparation of parts for painting.
- Measurement of a proper mixing of a variety of coatings such as organic and inorganic zincs, epoxies, and polyurethanes.
- Application of coatings by using various techniques such as brush and roll striping, conventional (air pressure pot), and airless spraying.
- Use of both wet film gauges and dry film gauges.
Assistant Plant & Safety Manager
STS Steel is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a full time Assistant Plant & Safety Manager. The ideal candidate will assist the Plant Manager with daily operations to instill a team environment, ensure a safe, efficient operation with emphasis on employee training and safety in a very complex fabrication facility. This individual must be flexible in their daily routines, be able to manage multiple priorities and handle stress well for a shop of 50 employees.
- Oversee production personnel to ensure safe execution of fabrication in accordance with schedules, budgets, and quality standards.
- Coordinate with Production Planning, Purchasing, and the Plant Manager to ensure material and drawings are available to production personnel as needed.
- Ensures that all company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Experience in steel fabrication, welding, and fitting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in reading structural steel detail drawings.
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment used for welding and steel fabrication.
- Honest, trustworthy, accurate, self-motivated, and dedicated to their career.
- Can work independently
- Work safely
- Detail oriented
- Experience with OSHA Safety & Employee training a plus
Pay and Benefits:
STS Steel offers a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary as well as:
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- 8 Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)