STS Steel, Inc. - Current Job Openings
All jobs at STS Steel include the requirement to perform any task needed to satisfy our customers. We need a flexible, skilled workforce to meet the schedule and quality requirements of our customers.
Construction Contracts Administrator
- Assisting the project management team in the preparation and tracking of contract change orders and subcontracts.
- Prepare and track monthly project billings
- Ensure all contracts and subcontracts are properly written and signed.
- Ensure proper insurance documents are current and on file for each project.
- Assisting the Vice President with bid proposal preparation
- Maintain a documented schedule for all projects
Steel Fabrication Estimator
- Analyze construction drawings and specifications to determine the scope of work required by our customer’s request for proposal (RFP).
- Use proprietary software to accumulate and price all required material and labor to complete the work.
- Coordinate requests for quotation to all subcontractors needed to complete the work required by our customer’s RFP.
- Prepare proposals outlining the scope of work and pricing for submittal to our customer.
- Assist in the preparation and tracking of contract change orders and subcontract agreements
Human Resource Assistant (Part time)
- Assist in recruiting process by placing job posting ads, representing the company at job fairs, visiting local schools and colleges, as well as recruitment activities
- Screen resumes and perform initial interviews
- Support the onboarding process of new hires by providing orientation information, reviewing company policies, and reviewing benefit information
- Assist in maintaining the company’s social media presence
- Organize company and employee events
- Interpret fabrication drawings for layout, fitting, assembly and welding of structural assemblies.
- Measure and mark location and identification of holes, copes, hardware, and welds.
- Fit parts and assemblies to the appropriate location within specified tolerances
- Performing high quality welding using SMAW, FCAW, and SAW processes in accordance with specified weld symbols and procedures shown on documents.
- Use distortion control techniques to keep assemblies in tolerance after welding.
- Perform oxy-fuel torch cutting of parts for assembly.
- Assist layout and fitters with assembling structural assemblies.
- Apply a variety of coatings, including multicoat systems in accordance with written procedures and specifications.
- Properly mix multi-component systems such as zinc rich primers, epoxies and polyurethanes per manufacturers specifications.
- Clean and maintain equipment and the work area to facilitate high quality, safe and efficient production.
- Assisting fabricators in locating and retrieving parts for assemblies.
- Blast cleaning and power tool cleaning of steel to prepare for painting.
- Yard, shop and facility housekeeping.
- Operate small tools to grind or drill steel.
Opportunity for advancement to apprentice fabricator for qualified associates.
- Efficient operation of production machines including computer-controlled equipment.
- Read drawings and work instructions to properly locate material for processing.
- Use overhead bridge cranes and other lifting devices to load and unload material on equipment.
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Preform quality control check of parts made by equipment.
All maintenance associated with production equipment.
- Diagnose & repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems.
- Assist the Plant Manager with the creation of custom production equipment.
- Oversee outside expert technicians when required.
Overhead Crane Operator/Material Handler
- Safe use of overhead bridge cranes with a capacity of 20T to 75T.
- Flip, turn, and rotate large pieces of material.
- Distribute material to various fabrication workstations.
- Load and unload material on trailers and carts.